In 2003, Irish designer Fiona Heaney – known as Fee to her friends – and her partner Don Gormley, combined their names and their skills, talents, experience and expertise, to form the independent fashion house Fee G.
The business is now in its second decade, and successfully growing year by year, season by season, with a loyal customer following including some of the top TV personalities in Ireland and Britain:
- Kate Garraway – English television and radio presenter, best known for her television roles with ITV Breakfast – has shown Fee G to be a favourite. She’s worn the brand while presenting the ITV Daybreak show; to the 50th birthday party of British celebrity agent and chairman of ROAR Global Jonathan Shalit; and appearing at the Cannes film festival.
- English journalist and presenter Susanna Reid has sported Fiona’s creations on the ITV Breakfast show as well as GMTV.
- Ladies Day at Cheltenham Races has been won by attendee Mary Heron wearing a Fee G coat (2013).
- Scottish television presenter, journalist, model and actress Lorraine Kelly has been seen wearing the brand while presenting her show.
- The label is obviously good enough for royalty too, with our own Gráinne Seoige and Maura Derrane both appearing in Fee G while presenting at events for the Queen of England.
- And when Irish actress and writer Amy Huberman was getting married to former Ireland rugby captain Brian O’Driscoll, they commissioned Fiona to design the bridesmaids dresses.
So what is it about Fee G that is so loved by celebrities?
They are an individual brand with a very distinctive design signature. Fiona is the main creative force behind the designs, and she is known for her bold colours, evocative prints and signature silhouettes.
She graduated from the National College of Art and Design Dublin, with a 1st class Honours in Fashion Design, then gained experience designing both at home and abroad, building valuable knowledge working onestablished collections in the designer ladies-wear market.
Fiona then decided to put her own stamp on the world of fashion and launched her own label. From the very beginning her vision was to form a design company focused on creating visually stunning and high quality garments. She created a brand that makes a woman feel feminine, yet modern. Their mission statement is “to create beautiful clothing to make you feel very, very special”.We love a bit of that at Redlane!
Today, Fee G has grown into an international brand that offers women’s dresses, coats, accessories, with accounts in Italy, the Middle East, the USA, Australia, the UK and of course Ireland.
As designers, their goal is to continuously evolve and create exciting collections – and they don’t disappoint. It shines through in the sleek, colourful, clean silhouettes and luxury fabrics with rich embellishment that are the trademarks of the label. There is always a strong sense of glamour – perfect for the occasion wear they do so well.
Check out the Fee G pieces in stock at Redlane for your next special event!